Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mythologically Challenged...



Spent a little time painting today for a change...
Too much freelance crap has keeping me more focused on paying the bills than doing the work that I truly want to do.

After about 5 hours of work, I think I've actually gone backwards as far as progress is concerned... but I feel like I'm slowly rediscovering those old painting chops I once had more readily at my disposal years ago. Only time will tell...

Snapped these in my kitchen with a horribly outdated digital camera that can't capture natural color under artificial light (a new purchase that is terribly overdue at this point)... maybe some of the work is apparent if you squint your eyes hard enough;-)

Basically, more basic underpainting foundation for Daphne... and some foreground detail for the Poseidon piece.
More to come... hopefully soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks really nice, even with the bad camera! You are consistently a great artist
M

Greg said...

Who are you, mysterious Mr./Mrs. M?

Anonymous said...

I'm your nutty friend from the internets ;)

Greg said...

Which one... lol?
I have lotsa goofy friends on the internets!!!

Anonymous said...

I better not say...

Greg said...

Suit yourself then...