Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reinvention...



A good day, all in all...

Spoke with a few talented young artists at The Art Students League this afternoon before the SVA Alumnus Drawing class...

I went for a few supplies and odds and ends... and got an earful of fresh insight. With all my recent isolation trying to finish my graphic novel project, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to learn how others see you from the outside... very enlightening. I am truly grateful for their observations.




 I find my self energized and set to new purpose. Maybe the workshops I teach there are truly more than a simple foot in the door for the future. Self-aggrandizement aside... perhaps through this simple beginning I can build something worthwhile for those that share my simple passion for capturing human vitality on paper... or at least the struggle to do so;-)




Whatever it is I'm doing... it feels good to have it recognized on some level. For better or worse, even a sinking stone is grateful for the ripples that mark its passing...


No comments: