Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"STOMPYCAT!"



Moving along now at a fairly regular pace now...
This sequence ends page 32 and I'm already nearly finished with 33 as I type this (I will post panels from the new page in the days to follow).

This little "headstomp" POV passage brings up another one of those decisions regarding gratuitous violence for the sake of drama in the story...
I have a panel prepared along the top of the following page that will either simply remain solid black with blood spatter... or it will brutally depict the Director's head shattering like an overripe melon beneath the Pugilist's boot. So far, I'm opting for the more subtle approach... even though that bastard certainly deserves to suffer such visual indignity for what he's done...
Then again, I was sure to show the crippling agony leading up to his ultimate demise... so perhaps that will have to suffice.

Getting closer all the time now... and I'm really beginning to feel the pressure...

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

The Keeper's Notes said...

i think the suggestion of the violence inflicted will be strong enough.

Greg said...

Thanks for the input, Justin...
I'm feeling the same way myself.

Right now, the panel is present but blank... I'll fill it in once I've finished the rest of the page. I just don't want that one image to bog me down and hamper progress...