Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cusp...



Things are in flux...
I've got a few things balanced on an uncertain precipice... waiting for results that have no certain arrival.

This sort of waiting can be literally paralyzing... creatively at least.

It won't last for long... but it is at these times when my resolve is the weakest.
It almost seems as though I have to come to a solid stumbling block before I can really make any real creative progress... or at least that has been my justification in the past.  Things only finally rumble forward after great disappointment.  Hopefully, all will fall true to form and I can look forward to a small personal renaissance ahead.

Keep your fingers crossed...

Two 30 second sketches... one 3 minute... and three 15 minute drawings.
Stiff... but at least serviceable.





2 comments:

CCG Coordinator said...

Greg,
Nice work! Is this red conte on newsprint?
Sent you a message on FB about the July Student Art League class. Would maybe like your advice about what to try and see or catch over a two week period in July while my daughter, wife and I will be visiting the NE States.
Kindly,
J.Gilpin

Greg said...

Hey there!

Thanks for the kind words, sir;-)

Yes... this is sanguine conté crayon on crappy newsprint. Keeps me honest.

Didn't get your message on Facebook as of yet... I hope we can connect while you are in town!

G