Monday, July 23, 2012

In the books...



















Another workshop at the Art Students League is over...

This one was the class I wanted to teach from the beginning.
It felt closest to what I once daydreamed I might do while looking out from my bedroom window at the winding curve of Aspen trail in Austin, Texas as a 14 year old boy...

It was awkward and clumsy... but it was the best I've felt about myself in many years.
I believe this is that one thing.  You know, that thing that your parents told you about when you said you weren't sure what you wanted to be when you grew up...

I don't think I've ever felt so sated after a class before... so accomplished.
This felt very right to me.



















 More things brewing beneath the surface... both good and bad... only time will tell which rises to the top.

No comments: