Monday, March 06, 2006

Why we finish last...





A quicky query... why is it that so many seemingly intelligent and insightful women repeatedly choose to immerse themselves in relationships with men that treat them like glorified penis warmers?

I fully realize that folks tend to gravitate towards people that seem unattainable (and those "Bad Boys" just seem so delectably out of reach)..., but it's just so unnerving when they are challenged on the point... and they are shockingly aware of their problem! No denial... no defensive rebuttals... they are fully conscious of their behavior. Some even cling to their obvious malfunction with gleeful affection! It's the one and only time I'd give my eye-teeth to hear a gal I dig tell me how full of shit I was...

I have recently been faced once again with this awful truth...
I met a terrific girl who has everything a guy could possibly want. She's got so much going on in her favor, it outta be illegal.
Yet, regardless of her laundry list of merits, she finds herself trapped in a loveless relationship with a "Bad Boy".
A man that is not only embarrassed of her and lies about their relationship to his family, but also expresses absolutely no interest in her as an individual.... oh... unless you count the times when he wants to put his pecker in her.
He's a charmer when he's got the time... but it's the "nice guy" friend like me that she turns to for consolation and feedback.

The worst part is... when I confronted her with her predicament, she only informed me that it wasn't the first time she had gone down this path. She said that it was something she got from her Mother...

Heartbreaking.

Darwin was a complete bastard.
"Natural Selection," my ass...

No comments: