Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Here... let me scratch that thing for you..."

Finally... on to the finish of this slugfest!
A couple more big shots, and this baby moves into denouement mode.
This unfortunately requires me to indulge a bit more in my peculiar ocular injury obsession... for the last time.
I'll be trying out a few experimental panels (a la Yu Kinutani) on the following pages... here's hoping that they work out.

This is the lower section of panels that illustrate how "Our Hero" (sorta) breaks free of the armlock the Eisenvater sunk successfully in the previous sequence.


Now I get to indulge in one last bit of pugilism before the ugly finale... a simultaneous hook exchange. I'm looking forward to finding a solid visual solution for how to clearly show the two concurrent punches/counter-punches while still giving an impression of dramatic velocity. It should be quite a challenge...

Life is fairly pedestrian these days... not much new to report. My next Drawing Class started up nicely without a hitch and has the distinction of being perhaps the largest group of students I have ever taught! It's sure going to make that Bronx Zoo field trip I've planned a bit of a production!

2 comments:

CamChes said...

Cool Greg,
What's the final destination for your Pugilistic action-fest? Is it bound for Heavy Metal or do you have something else in the works?

Greg said...

Well, Mr. Chester-fried...

I'm going to tentatively still pitch it to Heavy Metal for printing... but I'd like to use the story as a visual demo to promote the property as a possible film or animation project to prospective production studios at the San Diego Con...

I hope to have at least the black and white art completely finished in time for the convention so I can use it as promotional material to help pitch the idea as a visual property. We'll see...

I'm just trying to make use of the resources available at the show... I'll be quite happy with it simply appearing in print... whether that be in the pages of Heavy Metal, Dark Horse Presents... or otherwise! I just want people to get to see the characters and the idea behind it...

I'm an idiot.., I know...

GREG