Saturday, March 10, 2007

"Little Fin" Sighting!!!

"This evening, as I was practicing my "cross-chest carry" skills in Life-Guard class, I catch sight of a small bobbing cadmium orange swimcap in my peripheral poolside vision...
Risking dousing my eyes in the over-chlorinated water, I strain to look over my submerged shoulder...
Upon reaching the far end, I breathlessly looked to the main deck... and there she was.

Back slightly bowed, eyes cast downwards, vastus medialus and supratellar bulge peeking out shyly from over her slightly flexed kneecaps. I have to grit my teeth to keep from staring. The barked commands of my Instructor snap my focus to the Guard Locker room entrance and arrest my chlorine strained eyes on his formaldahyde-wisened face. I periodically sneak quick desperate glances waterward as he speaks, hoping to catch a glance of her slick, sinuous body beneath the water. Class eventually ends... and then I have no real reason to stay poolside. With painful reticence, I slowly take the long walk along the pool to the men's locker room... stealing fiery glances at her naked trapezius, deltoids, and infraspinatus knotting just above the water's surface as her shoulders raise to take in oxygen as she swims. I almost face-plant into the stairwell door as I try to keep pace with her...

After perhaps the longest cold shower ever endured in a public place, I make my way downstairs as slowly as possible in the fleeting hope that I might catch her as she leaves before the next scheduled Life-Guard class...

Gone... and my eyes are still stinging from the chlorine in her wake...




Progress is rumbling along at a steady pace... nothing to be particularly excited about though. I'm still not going at top speed yet, and I'm disappointed that the pages aren't moving forward at the click I established on the earlier work.
Oh well,... I suppose that all my post thumbnail changes haven't exactly set a fire underneath the project any...
Still roughly on schedule though...

And I have one new surprise to pull off before this fight scene ends...

No comments: